Pages

.

The New Arrivals Are Here...

I knew this week was going to be a busy one but little did I realise it would also be one that would end with my emotions all over the place.

Pepper went into labour on her due date 14th March, She had 6 puppies, 3 boys and 3 girls, 5 brindle coloured and one white. Sadly only puppies 1 and 4 made it. We are unsure why the other 4 babies had died but they were born sleeping so could have been any number of things that caused this to happen, however this doesn't make it feel any better to us. I have never cried so much in such a short space of time.

Pepper was in the 1st stage of labour for most of the day, this is pretty normal and last time she was in stage one for over 18 hours so we weren't concerned. Puppy number one - a beautiful little boy arrived just after 9pm - both Matt and I had to laugh as I had been watching One Born Every Minute on TV and said it was like starring in our own episode.


The puppies are now 2 days old and are doing really well, they are sucking well from Pepper and she is doing a great job of being a mum. Fingers crossed they continue to thrive as I'm not sure my heart or my head can take much more heartache.


I will blog each week of their progress so that you can see how they are developing, we are yet to name the pups but whatever we decide I'm sure it will suit them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment