Pages

.

A Special Kind of Night with Frankie and Benny's

Saturday night was one of my friends Hen Night. She is due to get married to the love of her life in the next few months so a small group of us took her out to celebrate. As I had been asked to review the new Specials Menu at Frankie and Benny's I thought this was the perfect opportunity, well lets face it a special night deserves a special meal.

We headed down to our local restaurant once inside we were quickly seated at a table. We were asked what drinks we would like and then came the hard task of deciding what to eat. As The voucher was for two meals I opted for a starter and a main course and the bride to be opted for a main course and a dessert. 


My starter arrived soon after and I was quite surprised to see how much there was to eat. I ordered the BBQ Chilli Wings, they are described as "Large succulent chicken wings, smothered in our tangy BBQ sauce, sprinkled with chilli flakes. Served with crunchy celery and a cooling dip". They tasted very nice. I thought that the sauce was quite hot however the cool dip  helped to take away the heat from the sauce.


For my main course I choose Philly Chicken and Bacon Wrap. This dish is described as "Our flour tortilla loaded with breaded chicken, grated cheddar, bacon, lettuce and red onion smothered in our philly cheese sauce. Served with a pot of coleslaw and your choice of salad or house fries". I had my meal with fries. The portion was more than enough. I couldn't fault anything on my plate as it all tasted great.


The bride to be chose the Chicken and Bacon Ranch Salad. This dish is described as"Seasoned chicken breast, mixed leaves, pancetta bacon and fresh tomato tossed in our cooling ranch dressing". It looked really nice and she said it tasted just as good.  Again her meal portion was a good size and although it was filling she said it wasn't too heavy.  


The last meal we ordered was the Salt Caramel Cheesecake. As we had both shared the starter and had eaten a main meal each we decided to share the desert too. It is described as "A magnificently creamy cheesecake topped with salt caramel sauce and chocolate honeycomb. Served with a scoop of our real dairy vanilla ice cream". The cheesecake was lovely and full of flavour. 



The Specials Menu is available all day Sunday - Friday, and is fantastic value for money, it costs £10.95 for 2 courses! And you if you are feeling really hungry you can have 3 courses for an additional £2.25!

We had a lovely meal at Frankie and Benny's and would highly recommend any of the meals we ate. 


*I was sent a £30 voucher for the purpose of this review - All thoughts and opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment